Mann-Simons Site Volunteer Training 2
Become a volunteer for Mann-Simons!
Mann-Simons Site Volunteer Training
Historic Columbia invites the public to help share the history of the Mann-Simons family and become a volunteer tour guide of the newly interpreted site. Interested volunteers will need to participate in one of the following all-day training sessions: Monday, Feb. 13, Saturday, Feb. 18 and Monday, Feb. 27. These training sessions will consist of the following: a sample tour of the site, an overview of the family, history of the site, broad topics related to the site- Slavery, Jim Crow, Civil Rights and Urban Renewal, and a day in the life of a volunteer, which will cover logistics of giving tours and other opportunities at the site. Volunteer training is free. Coffee and light refreshments will be provided at the training.
As a volunteer for Historic Columbia, you will:
- Receive a 15% discount on purchases at the Gift Shop at Robert Mills.
- Enjoy complimentary admission to our historic house museums for yourself and members of your immediate family.
- Attend special Historic Columbia functions for free or at reduced rates.
- Receive a free subscription to Historically Speaking, Historic Columbia’s quarterly newsletter.
- Tour and visit other historic sites during monthly volunteer meetings and presentations.
- Plus, make new friends and share experiences with others who have similar passions!