200 Campbell Road200 Campbell Road
James H. Seay had this plantation home built around 1857 as a summer residence away from his Kingville plantations. It stands upon land purchased from his father, John Seay, who arrived in Lower Richland around 1810. James H. Seay was a planter who produced corn and cotton and by 1860, owned 77 enslaved workers. By the start of the Civil War, Seay had sold most of his 2,500 acres and had given part of his land to Congaree Baptist Church, which was used to construct Good Hope Baptist Church.