Southwest Corner of Lee and Meadow Streets727 Meadow Street
Hall Court Apartments
Previously undeveloped lots at the corner of Lee and Meadow streets were filled in 1949 with the construction of Hall Court Apartments. The three buildings with four apartments each that fronted Meadow Street were finished first and were occupied by middle- to upper-class white families, many of whom were supported by managerial positions. By 1950, two additional apartment buildings were added to the Lee Street side of the lot, bringing the total number of apartments to twenty. Apartment living became a popular trend beginning in the 1920s and continued through the years following World War II.