807 Gervais Street807 Gervais Street
This landmark property was built in 1919 for the DuPre Motor Company, a Ford dealership, as part of Columbia’s “Automobile Row.” Other businesses occupied this Vista icon in later years including auto dealers Milling-Nelson Motors in 1940. At that time the second floor held the Columbia Textile Engraving Company and the third floor was home to the Columbia Burlap Bag Manufacturers. By 1960, the Tidewater industrial supply company operated here, and in 1980, National Distributors, a wholesale furniture company, maintained this address. Today, the structure is a distinct venue for creative commercial tenants.