823 Gervais Street
Columbia Supply Company Building
The beneficiary of recent rehabilitation work, this historic structure originally was home to the Columbia Supply Company, one of the city’s oldest continuous businesses. Established in 1902 as the Columbia Mill Supply Company, the firm specialized in mine, mill, engineering, and railroad supplies. During the 1940s, the business enhanced its Gervais Street facility through the addition of an Art Deco style façade.