912 Lady Street
This former warehouse, completed in 1914, was built for the Kirkland Distributing Company. Run by B.B. Kirkland, who started his career as a Columbia sales agent for Pioneer Flour in 1903, the firm primarily sold flour, grain, and hay. In January 1915, Kirkland announced the installation of a feed mill at the site as well as plans to carry "field and garden seed." Kirkland commissioned George E. Lafaye to design this structure's third story, added in 1919, as well as the company's new warehouse, located at 911 Lady Street. Architecturally distinct and located in an advantageous location, today it houses a number of offices and Studio Cellar, which offers painting classes and "paint and sip" sessions.