1416 Pine Street1416 Pine Street
Former Residence of Dr. Douglass Jenkins
Anderson, S.C. native and Waverly dentist Douglass Jenkins buit this house around 1924. He attended Benedict College and Meharry Medical School in Nashville, T.N. Jenkins and his brothers purchased a building on Washington Street, turning its bottom floor into a pharmacy and the top floor into his dental office. Jenkins also served as an administrator of the Waverly Fraternal Hospital and as a science teacher to its nurses.