1505 Blanding Street
Site of N.G. Gonzales House
An asymmetrical, two-story wood frame mansion built sometime between 1872 and 1883 once stood at this address. N.G. Gonzales, the first editor of The State newspaper, once lived here, as did members of the McCreery family. The home later served as a YWCA until it was demolished to make way for the present building.