Robert Mills Carriage House and Gardens
Robert Mills Carriage House & Gardens
Named for its famous designer and native South Carolinian, the Robert Mills Carriage House & Gardens display sophisticated architecture on an expansive tree-lined property, just minutes from downtown Columbia. Four spacious garden areas, an indoor Carriage House, and a shaded garden with pergola offer event flexibility. While the entire property is ideal for large events, individual gardens can be rented for small weddings or corporate events. Learn more about the history of this site.
Amenities & Capacity
Please Note: The Carriage House is the only indoor space at this venue; the historic home is a museum and not available for rentals.
- Front lawn with ample green space and magnificent view of the main house
- Back lawn shaded by towering 125-year-old magnolias
- Secluded Founder's Garden with walking paths and hedges
- Fountains, gravel walkways, trellises and benches throughout the property
- Carriage House with exposed beams and large barn-style doors
- Catering prep kitchen
- 2 restrooms
- Access to wireless internet and electricity throughout interior space and gardens
- Private gravel parking lot for approximately 30 cars
- HC staff on-site for duration of event
Capacity: 400 outdoor
Indoor Carriage House capacity of 50 seated, 100 standing
"So many compliments were received from our family and friends that this was the most special and beautiful wedding they have ever attended!"
Click here to request more information about renting one of our properties. You can also contact our rental department at 803.252.7742 x 11 or email us at email@example.com.
Schedule a Tour
Contact our Rental Coordinator to set up a time to see the venues in person and discuss booking procedures. Here, you'll provide a little more information about your specific needs and dates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our FAQs will provide insight into pricing, deposits, vendors, and much more.