Savannah and Stephen Henderson’s wedding took place on May 20, 2018 at the Robert Mills Carriage House & Gardens . This down-to-earth celebration started with an intimate ceremony on the back lawn, in front of the secluded entrance to the Founder’s Garden. The lush greenery of the shrubs and trees...
Robert Mills Carriage House & Gardens
Named for its famous designer and native South Carolinian, the Robert Mills Carriage House & Gardens exudes classic Southern elegance on an expansive tree-lined property, just minutes from downtown Columbia. Four spacious garden areas, as well as the indoor Carriage House, allow for event flexibility. While the entire property is ideal for larger affairs, individual gardens can be rented as a perfect spot for smaller weddings or corporate events. Learn more about the history of this site.
Amenities & Capacity
- Front lawn with ample green space and magnificent view of the main house
- Back lawn shaded by towering 125-year-old magnolias
- Secluded Founder's Garden with walking paths and hedges
- Fountains, gravel walkways, trellises and benches throughout the property
- Carriage House with exposed beams and large barn-style doors
- Catering prep kitchen
- 2 restrooms
- Access to wireless internet and electricity throughout interior space and gardens
- Private gravel parking lot for approximately 30 cars
- HC staff on-site for duration of event
Capacity: 400 outdoor
Indoor Carriage House capacity of 50 seated, 100 standing
Please Note: The Carriage House is the only indoor space at this venue; the historic home is a museum and not available for rentals.
Schedule a Tour
Contact our Rental Coordinator to set up a time to see the venues in person and discuss booking procedures. Here, you'll provide a little more information about your specific needs and dates.
Check out some of our local favorite caterers, bartenders, equipment companies and more!
Frequently Asked Questions
Review our FAQs for any lingering questions before or after your tour!