We are so excited to present Columbia Bride Guide’s first official entry in their new Styled Wedding Shoot series! This faux wedding reception was the brainchild of Nina Bashaw Photography, and with help from the Columbia Bride Guide crew, she pulled off one of the most beautifully detailed shoots we’ve...
Gardens of the Hampton-Preston Mansion
Used as headquarters for the Union Army in February of 1865 and later saved by a local nun during the Burning of Columbia, the Hampton-Preston Mansion features renowned, historic gardens with sophisticated and graceful green space – speaking to the grandeur of its past. Magnolias and live oaks tower over garden spaces, including the back lawn, side gardens, a newly restored gazebo area and a fountain garden. This venue provides a serene backdrop, ideal for creative event design. Learn more about the history of this site.
Amenities & Capacity
- Extensive back lawn lined with magnolia trees – perfect for large events
- Sunken patio with recessed lighting and electricity
- Newly renovated basement area with restrooms, water fountains, and private lounge/changing suite
- Recently restored mid-1800s arboretum with paved walking paths
- Freshly painted home exterior
- Access to electricity throughout the gardens
- Historic Columbia staff on-site for duration of event
- A fountain garden, surrounded by seating underneath live oak trees
- Stunning covered gazebo space
Capacity: 400 outdoors
Schedule a Tour
Contact our Rental Coordinator to set up a time to see the venues in person and discuss booking procedures. Here, you'll provide a little more information about your specific needs and dates.
Check out some of our local favorite caterers, bartenders, equipment companies and more!
Frequently Asked Questions
Review our FAQs for any lingering questions before or after your tour!
Historically Ever After