We are so excited to present Columbia Bride Guide’s first official entry in their new Styled Wedding Shoot series! This faux wedding reception was the brainchild of Nina Bashaw Photography, and with help from the Columbia Bride Guide crew, she pulled off one of the most beautifully detailed shoots we’ve...
Gardens of the Hampton-Preston Mansion
Used as headquarters for the Union Army in February of 1865 and later saved by a local nun during the Burning of Columbia, the Hampton-Preston Mansion features renowned, historic gardens with sophisticated and graceful green space – speaking to the grandeur of its past. Magnolias and live oaks tower over garden spaces, including the back lawn, side gardens, a newly restored gazebo area and a fountain garden. This venue provides a serene backdrop, ideal for creative event design. Learn more about the history of this site.
Amenities & Capacity
- Recently renovated property with fresh plantings and elegant design
- Extensive back lawn for a ceremony and reception
- Recently restored mid-1800’s arboretum-style side gardens with paved walking paths
- A fountain garden, surrounded with seating underneath live oak trees
- A gazebo garden, with stunning covered gazebo space underneath live oak trees
- Covered porch on a freshly-painted home
- New restrooms (installation to be completed Summer 2019)
- Access to electricity throughout gardens
- HC staff on-site for duration of event
Please Note: This is an outdoor only venue; the historic home is a museum and not available for rentals.
Schedule a Tour
Contact our Rental Coordinator to set up a time to see the venues in person and discuss booking procedures. Here, you'll provide a little more information about your specific needs and dates.
Check out some of our local favorite caterers, bartenders, equipment companies and more!
Frequently Asked Questions
Review our FAQs for any lingering questions before or after your tour!
Historically Ever After