As a leader in heritage tourism, Historic Columbia provides house museum tours, walking tours and guided bus tours of Columbia's cultural and historical assets. Additionally, the organization hosts annual programs and events such as the Gardening Symposium and the Jubilee: Festival of Black History & Culture. As an advocate for the preservation of Columbia and Richland County's built history, Historic Columbia works closely with city and county officials to ensure proper protection is provided to structures with cultural and historical importance.
Our mission is to share the complex history of Columbia and Richland County through historic preservation advocacy, innovative educational programs, and strategic partnerships.
Historic Columbia is an equal opportunity employer committed to advancement opportunities for all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Historic Columbia does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rental Assistant (Part Time)
The Rental Assistant represents Historic Columbia as the staff on-site during events, such as weddings, rehearsals, rehearsal dinners, corporate functions, fundraisers, etc, and remains available to the rental client for the duration of the event. The Rental Assistant is responsible for ensuring the rules and regulations of Historic Columbia are followed by rental clients, for answering and solving any facility or property related questions and issues, and for responding to emergency situations in an appropriate manner.
- Must have excellent communications skills, to interact with all vendors and rental clients during the event, as well as coordination through email and phone with Rental Coordinator for the requirements and details for the specific events to which the assistant is assigned.
- Must be able to maintain email and phone access to communicate with the Rental Coordinator during the week and during the events to which the assistant is assigned.
- Prior event/wedding experience or customer service experience required.
- Must have professional demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Must be flexible and accommodating, but assertive when necessary.
- Browse historiccolumbia.org to learn more about Historic Columbia, a non-profit dedicated to preserving Columbia and Richland County’s historic and cultural heritage.
Historic Columbia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains compliance with all federal, state, and local laws.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The title of the email should be the position for which you are applying. The posting will remain open until the successful candidate is found.