1529 Laurel Street
Drawing inspiration from 19th-century Classic Revival and Greek Revival architecture, this temple-like mansion embodies popular, early-20th century Neoclassical style design. Though fashionable in 1912 when dentist and real estate speculator J.W. Boozer and his wife Mary built it, like many larger homes in the district, the building was enlarged and partitioned into apartments decades later. Since the family sold the property in 1977, the structure has been put to commercial uses.