2221 Washington Street
Bishop's Memorial A.M.E. Church
Completed in 1908, this Colonial Revival style church was originally the Woodrow Memorial Presbyterian Church, a tribute to Columbia Theological Seminary professor and administrator Dr. James Woodrow. In 1924, the Presbyterian Church vacated the property, which in 1929 was sold to Allen University and renamed Salters Memorial A.M.E. Church. In 1943, the church members changed their sanctuary's name to Bishop's Memorial A.M.E. Church.