Join us on October 19, 2023 for the 19th Annual Palladium Silent Auction | Bidding & BBQ! This annual celebration of live music featuring Prettier Than Matt, delicious barbecue, and specialty drinks will be held on the grounds of the Hampton-Preston Mansion and Gardens, located at 1615 Blanding Street in downtown Columbia. Dozens of unique items will be up for auction, with all proceeds to benefit Historic Columbia. You won't want to miss this event!
Buy your tickets in advance to take advantage of special Palladium and HC member pricing! Advance purchase tickets are $40 for Palladium members, $50 for HC members, and $60 for the general public. Tickets will be $60 at the door (card only).
This year's silent auction will feature a variety of items, including destination packages, experiential packages to explore local cultural sites, behind-the-scenes tours of Columbia's hot spots, gift cards to restaurants, boutiques, gyms, and much more. Bidding will begin October 5, 2023, and end on October 19, 2023, at 9:30 p.m.
Along with music from Prettier Than Matt, we'll have delicious barbecue and other food, and an assortment of beverages. All food and beverages are included with your ticket purchase.
Schedule of Events
Bidding Opens: Thursday, October 5
Bidding Closes: Thursday, October 19, at 9:30 p.m.
Bidding will happen entirely online through our auction website. Bidding opens October 5 and ends the night of October 19.
Online Bidding Registration and Instructions
1. Visit our event page to register and to view and bid on items. If you already have an account, simply login with your phone number and password.
2. Don’t have an account? Registering is easy!
- Click “login” at the top right of the page
- Click “register”
- Enter your name, phone number, and email address
- Set your password
- Agree to the terms of service and you’re good to bid!
3. Bid from Your Phone
- Text “biddingandbbq” to (843) 606-5995 to register
- You will receive a welcome text and a link to the items page
- You can either follow the link to the item to bid or text the full item number, including the 0 (i.e. 0102) as your response
- To place a bid, simply text the full dollar amount, without the $ or any commas (i.e. 50.00)
- Event.Gives will confirm your bid through a text message
Once you are registered and logged in, you can start bidding on Thursday, October 5 when the silent auction opens. As bidding picks up, Event.Gives will notify you if you are outbid on an item. You’ll have until 9:30 p.m. on Thursday, October 19 to place your final bid.
Item Pick Up
If you are at the event, please visit the check-out table at the auction after 9:30 p.m. to take your item(s) home with you that night.
If you are an online bidder not at the event, items will be available for pick-up at Seibels House on Monday, October 23, from 12:00 - 6:00 p.m., OR Tuesday, October 24, from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. If you are unavailable to retrieve your prize during those windows, please email Margaret Bauknight to arrange a pick-up time.
If you have any questions about Event.Gives or placing your bid, contact Margaret Bauknight at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (803) 252-7742 ext. 15.
Thank You to our Sponsors!
Enhance Our City
Palladium members don't just learn about Columbia's past - they have a say in its future. Our fundraising events support Historic Columbia's important preservation and advocacy work, which in turn helps preserve the charm and vitality of the city we call home.