Join us for the reopening of the Hampton-Preston Mansion & Gardens!
On May 12, we will debut updated interpretation, new exhibits, hands-on interactive elements, and expanded and enhanced public gardens. We will also unveil physical improvements that have been made to the building, including a new exterior paint scheme, an entry hall painted oil cloth and more. This event will commemorate the 200th anniversary of the house’s construction and variety of activities will be available, including:
- House and garden tours
- Storytelling with Dontavius Williams (11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.)
- Children’s games and crafts
- 1910s calisthenics class (20 minutes each at 11:30 a.m., 12 p.m., 12:30 p.m. and 1 p.m.)
- Quadrille dance lessons (2 -3 p.m.)
- Plant sale
- Food trucks (Doggy Bagz and Pelican Snocone)
- And much more!