This year's Bluegrass, Bidding and BBQ silent auction will include live music from the Mustache Brothers, local BBQ from The Friendly Caterer and specialty drinks. All proceeds will benefit Historic Columbia.
The Columbia-based Mustache Brothers have been entertaining the state of South Carolina and beyond for over a decade. Devoted followers have grown accustomed to their lively performances filled with a unique blend of bluegrass, classic country and rock and roll.
The Friendly Caterer has provided top-notch service to the Midlands for 15 years. While they offer a variety of specialty items, The Friendly Caterer’s barbeque, slow cooked for 18 hours on oak and smoke wood, is a local favorite.
The silent auction portion of the event opens online – via https://event.gives/palladiumbbbq – at 8 a.m., Oct. 14, and closes at 10 p.m., Oct. 28. Those bidding aren’t required to attend the Oct. 28 event.
In consideration of the continuing COVID-19 Pandemic, tickets are limited, and guests will be in socially distanced squares of up to four people. Guests can request squares with friends or be randomly assigned to a square by answering questions through Bidr when purchasing tickets.
Schedule of Events
Bidding Opens: Oct. 14 at 8 a.m.
Ticket Sales End: Oct. 25 at 11:59 p.m.
Bidding Closes: Oct. 28 at 10 p.m.
Bidding will happen entirely online through our auction website Bidr. Bidding opens Oct. 14 and ends the night of Oct. 28.
Bidr Registration and Bidding Instructions
1. Visit our event page at https://event.gives/palladiumbbbq to register and to view and bid on items.
2. If you already have an account, simply login with your phone number or email address and password.
3. Don’t have an account? Registering is easy!
- Click “login” at the top right of the page
- Click “register”
- Enter your name, phone number, and email address
- Set your password
- Agree to the terms of service and you’re good to bid!
4. Bid from Your Phone
- Text “palladium” to 843.606.5995 to register
- To send a bid from your phone, text the full item number, including the 0 (i.e. 0102) to 843.606.5995.
- You will receive a text from Bidr to register/login and view items
- To place a bid, simply text the full dollar amount, without the $ or any commas (i.e. 50.00)
- Bidr will confirm your bid through a text message
Once you are registered and logged in, you can start bidding on October 14 when the silent auction opens. As bidding picks up, Bidr will notify you if you are outbid on an item. You’ll have until 10 p.m. on October 28 to place your final bid.
Item Pick Up
Items will be available for pick-up at Seibels House and Gardens from noon-6 p.m., Oct. 29 and from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. and 4-6 p.m. on Nov. 1. If you are unavailable to retrieve your prize during those windows, please email Charles Calhoun at email@example.com to arrange a pick-up time.
If you have any questions about Bidr or placing your bid, contact Charles Calhoun at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (606) 465-3511.