This event has passed.
Thursday, October 13th
7 — 10 p.m.
Bluegrass, Bidding & BBQ
$40 for Palladium members
$50 for HC members
$60 for non-members
Hampton-Preston Mansion & Gardens : 1615 Blanding Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Please note tickets will be available at the door tonight!
Join us on October 13, 2022 for Palladium's 18th annual Bluegrass, Bidding, & BBQ silent auction. This annual celebration of live music, delicious barbecue by Smokey Loggins, and specialty drinks will be held on the grounds of the Hampton Preston Mansion and Gardens, located at 1615 Blanding Street in downtown Columbia.
This year's silent auction will feature a variety of items, including destination packages to historic cities across the Southeast, experiential packages to explore local cultural sites, behind-the-scenes tours of Columbia's hot spots, gift cards to restaurants, boutiques, gyms, and much more. Bidding is now open and will end on October 13th at 9:30 PM.
Along with top notch bluegrass music from the Mustache Brothers, we'll have delicious barbecue and other food from Smokey Loggins. Guests can enjoy an open bar, as well as a specialty cocktails. Food and beverages are included with ticket purchase. In addition, guests will learn about the history of SC barbeque from Robert Moss, contributing barbecue editor for Southern Living.
The silent auction portion of the event is open online and closes at 9:30 p.m., Oct. 13. Those bidding aren’t required to attend the Oct. 13 event.
Schedule of Events
Bidding Opens: Sept. 29
Bidding Closes: Oct. 13 at 9:30 p.m.
Bidding will happen entirely online through our auction website Bidr. Bidding opens Sept. 29 and ends the night of Oct. 13.
Bidr Registration and Bidding Instructions
1. Visit our event page at https://event.gives/bbbq22 to register and to view and bid on items.
2. If you already have an account, simply login with your phone number or email address and password.
3. Don’t have an account? Registering is easy!
- Click “login” at the top right of the page
- Click “register”
- Enter your name, phone number, and email address
- Set your password
- Agree to the terms of service and you’re good to bid!
4. Bid from Your Phone
- Text “bbbq22” to 843.606.5995 to register
- To send a bid from your phone, text the full item number, including the 0 (i.e. 0102) to 843.606.5995.
- You will receive a text from Bidr to register/login and view items
- To place a bid, simply text the full dollar amount, without the $ or any commas (i.e. 50.00)
- Bidr will confirm your bid through a text message
Once you are registered and logged in, you can start bidding on September 29 when the silent auction opens. As bidding picks up, Bidr will notify you if you are outbid on an item. You’ll have until 9:30 p.m. on October 13 to place your final bid.
Item Pick Up
Items will be available for pick-up at Seibels House and Gardens Oct. 14 from noon - 6 p.m., OR Oct. 17 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. If you are unavailable to retrieve your prize during those windows, please email Margaret Bauknight at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a pick-up time.
If you have any questions about Bidr or placing your bid, contact Margaret Bauknight at email@example.com or call (803) 252-7742 x 15.