1114 Blanding Street1114 Blanding Street
Sidney Park Christian Methodist Episcopal Church
In 1866, 600 members left Bethel A.M.E. Church and affiliated with the then-Colored Methodist Church. In 1887, they established Sidney Park Christian Methodist Episcopal Church. The current circa-1893 when the congregation replaced its original frame structure, which had burned. For over 110 years, this religious landmark has served as a church, school, meeting place, and concert hall.