1318 Westminster Drive
John W. Lillard House
This asymmetrical, rectangular, two-story, brick veneer Georgian Revival style house was originally owned by John Wigfall Lillard (1877—1941) and his wife, Mary Frances (1877—1944). The Lillards were among the first eleven families to reside in Forest Hills. Lillard was an insurance executive active in Columbia business and society in the early twentieth century, serving as chairman of the board of directors of the Columbia Chamber of Commerce and acting in a leadership role in many local clubs, including the Columbia branch of the Travelers Protective Association of America, a fraternal benefit society for traveling salesmen.