832 Albion Road832 Albion Road
This home predates all of the suburb’s other residences despite being a relatively recent addition. Built by the Miller family, which helped establish the town of Eau Claire, this circa-1917 structure was relocated in 2004 from 3700 North Main Street to ensure its preservation. The mastermind behind its preservation was local lawyer and historic preservation advocate Robert Lewis, whose commitment for finding contemporary uses for historically important properties has saved numerous sites throughout Columbia. After being cut into three pieces, the building was reassembled and rehabilitated, thus beginning a new life.