Goodwill Road15096 Garners Ferry Road
Daniel Huger had Goodwill Plantation built in 1799. At its height in the nineteenth century, the plantation involved 976 enslaved workers cultivating cotton and rice. An important aspect to the success of the plantation was the innovative canal irrigation system, which was one of the first in South Carolina. Today, the original mill, cabins for enslaved workers, main house, lodge, blacksmith shop, silo, archaeological sites and agricultural earthworks and waterways remain a physical legacy to this period in South Carolina’s antebellum history.