1430 Blanding Street1430 Blanding Street
When constructed in 1885, this residence was one of Blanding Street’s more fashionable addresses. A restrained interpretation of Queen Anne style architecture, it features a dramatic asymmetrical façade with an L-shaped porch, grouped columns, and bay windows. During most of its time as a private residence, the property also contained office space for the doctors who lived there. Past owners, for whom the house is named, included otolaryngologist Michael Whaley and ophthalmologist Belton Caughman. Used as a boarding house in the 1960s, the property was adapted to commercial office use by 1982.