1715 Bull Street
St. Paul’s Lutheran Church
The current Gothic Revival style sanctuary for St. Paul’s Lutheran Church dates to 1913, the year in which the congregation replaced its original circa-1886 structure.
Former Site of Hammond-Clarkson Mansion
Originally occupying this lot from 1836 until its destruction during the city’s burning in 1865 was the former home of Governor James Henry Hammond, and later the Clarkson family. Considered one of Columbia’s grandest residences, this enormous house boasted 32 columns, reminiscent of a Louisiana plantation house.