1328 Gadsden Street1328 Gadsden Street
Built in the early 1860s, this single-story, wood frame residence exemplifies the Columbia Cottage style. Featuring a symmetrical façade, prominent porch with pedimented gable, and double-pile, central hall plan, such houses enjoyed popularity from the 1840s through the 1880s. In 1950, James P. Reeder, pastor of the neighboring Zion Baptist Church from 1929 to 1961, purchased the antebellum structure. Exemplifying the former residential character of portions of the Vista, this rare survivor awaits rehabilitation.