1248 State Road S-40-67
Virginia native Drury Bynum financed the construction of this refined Greek Revival plantation home on his property as a wedding gift for his son, William. Upon William’s death, the home passed down to his daughter, Frances Hopkins Adams. Thereafter, numerous persons owned the property including the Lowder family, who from after World War II to around 1970, used the plantation’s former slave cabin as a country store. In 1989, after Hurricane Hugo swept across Lower Richland County, the home’s chimneys and porches, as well as the exterior barn, were significantly damaged and required extensive repair.