1301-1307 Richland Street
Ebenezer Lutheran Church
Ebenezer Lutheran Church’s congregation began in a small brick structure on this site in 1830. This structure was destroyed during the burning of Columbia on February 17-18, 1865. In 1870, the congregation completed a masonry chapel with financial aid from northern Lutherans. In 1931, the congregation built a larger, Gothic Revival style sanctuary immediately to its west to accommodate growing numbers of worshippers.