1400 Westminster Drive
Benjamin Abney House
Constructed in 1903, this Georgian Revival house is the oldest residence in the Forest Hills Historic District. It predates the existence of the neighborhood by over two decades. Originally owned by Benjamin Lindsey Abney (1858–1921), a prominent Columbia lawyer active in the industrial development of the city and region, this house and the approximately 90 acres within its original property would eventually become the Forest Hills neighborhood.