1401 Rosewood Drive
Full Gospel Church
Erected in 1951 for the congregation of Palmetto Baptist Church, this Rosewood Drive landmark was known one year later as Central Mission Baptist Church, the name it carried during the Sanborn Fire Insurance Company's survey of the neighborhood in 1956. Owned by the Apostolic Doctrine Evangelical Church since 1982, this place of worship has buffered the Hollywood-Rose Hill neighborhood from Rosewood Drive for over half a century. Its presence, particularly as a corner property situated along two significant thoroughfares, reinforces the importance that long-standing landmarks often carry within neighborhoods.