1419 Richland Street
Featuring an L-shaped plan popular in the asymmetrical style of Victorian architecture, this circa-1897 building features many delicate details, such as ornate brackets and turned balusters and porch posts. Possibly constructed by Reverend James D. Tadlock, the house was occupied from 1901 until 1922 by Reverend R.C. Reed, a professor at Columbia Theological Seminary. By 1932, the property had been converted into three separate apartments. Thirty years later, it contained seven apartments and was listed under the name of "Mrs. Dessie M. Gregory Boarding House," which soon expanded into 1417 Richland Street.