1425-1495 Westminster Drive
Wade Hampton III Monument
Erected by the Sons of Confederate Veterans in 1957, this monument commemorates the life and public service of Wade Hampton III (1818—1902). It stands 125 feet northeast of the site where his home, Diamond Hill, was located. The original property was burned by Union troops in February 1865. The monument is constructed out of foundation stones from the historic house. It is the only remnant of the original property within the district.