1431 Wellington Drive
A Gift by Design
This 1939 Colonial Revival house was designed by architects Lafaye & Lafaye for Marguerite Lafaye Burton (1909–1983), the daughter of George E. Lafaye (1878–1939), and her husband Calvin M. Bruton (1907–1956), who worked as a traveling salesman. The house features a side-gabled porch, as well as a central entrance with pilasters and molded cornice surrounding a paneled door. Marguerite’s uncle, Robert S. Lafaye (1892–1972), and his family lived a few blocks away at 2630 Stratford Road.