Taylor Elementary School stood here from 1905 until 1966, only to be razed for construction of the current administrative building. Early 20th-century postcards depict the former buildings that once graced the block.
Site of Columbia Male Academy
Since 1827, this four-acre tract has served educational uses. From 1829 until 1905, the Columbia Male Academy operated in a building similar in style to that of the Robert Mills House.