2335 Gervais Street
Site of Carpenters' Hall
From 1942 until 1966, a two-story facility erected by the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America served mainly as an evening meeting hall for the Carpenters Local Union No. 2260 and other African American trade unions. Daytime uses involved several businesses with Mrs. Palmer’s [Waverly] Nursery School, which operated from 1945 until 1961, being the most memorable for many Waverly residents.