819 Woodrow Street
Former Shandon Baptist Church (Bethel A.M.E. Church)
For almost 85 years Shandon Baptist Church was a fixture within Old Shandon. The congregation's first sanctuary was erected on the corner of Woodrow and Preston streets in 1909. Today's Neoclassical building replaced that sanctuary in 1939. Shandon Baptist Church relocated to Forest Drive in 1995 to expand its campus. Since then, Bethel A.M.E. Church, whose congregation formerly worshipped at the corner of Sumter and Taylor streets, has made the neighborhood its home.