831 Maple Street
Maple Street Southern Methodist Church (Former Shandon United Methodist Church)
The original sanctuary for Shandon Methodist Church was erected shortly after 1909 but destroyed by fire in 1914. This Richardsonian Romanesque style structure was completed as a replacement the following year. By 1931, the congregation had outgrown its building and educational facilities, prompting the move to the old Heathwood School at the intersection of Devine Street and Millwood Avenue. In 1933, a Christian Adventist group purchased the church buildings on Preston Street, selling it six years later to a Southern Methodist congregation, which remains at the site today.