911 Lady Street
Designed by George E. Lafaye and built at a cost of $40,000 in 1920, this warehouse replaced 912 Lady Street as Kirkland Distributing Company's primary location. Decorative elements evoking the Art Deco movement offer the rehabilitated structure a distinctive flair. Four detailed pilasters grant this former warehouse a sense of vertical thrust suggesting a building of a grander scale. Panels featuring stylized animals and an entrance surround cast in lightly-colored cement contrast sharply with the façade’s red brick. In 1928, the company added an additional 2,800 addition to the rear of the property and moved its entire operation to this site.