3407 Devine Street
Shandon United Methodist Church
Originally established in 1909 within what is known today as Old Shandon, Shandon United Methodist Church moved to the Heathwood area after acquiring the former Heathwood Common School building at the intersection of Devine Street and Millwood Avenue. Soon the congregation outgrew this facility, and in 1945, the church purchased its current property on the corner of Adger and Devine streets. The church held its first worship service in the new sanctuary on January 15, 1950, and continues to serve the greater Heathwood community generations later.